Annales Universitatis Paedagogicae Cracoviensis Studia Naturae contains only original, previously unpublished research papers in the field of botany, zoology, experimental biology, ecology and review articles, short communications, book reviews and a variety of publications, reports from conferences, biographical notes and events of the past year. The journal is published once a year. Articles, before print accepting, are assessed by the Editor and reviewed by experts in the field, outside the scientific unit Author(s) work. The papers are printed in the English with a summary in Polish. The Polish Authors are obliged to submit abstracts in English and Polish and from other countries in English only. Manuscripts should be submitted electronically via OJS Platform.
Annales Universitatis Paedagogicae Cracoviensis Studies Naturae is available in printed version and on AUPCSN website.
Submission Preparation Checklist
1) submission of the paper implies that it has not been published previously, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere,
2) the entire text is prepared in the Microsoft Word .DOC/.DOCX format, by the normal font type: Times New Roman, font size: 12 points; in line spacing: 1.5,
3) figures and photographs are saved in appropriate resolution (300 dpi); tables, figures, photographs have been attached as separate source files (.XLS/.XLSX or .JPG, .TIFF, respectively),
4) the references have been prepared according to the Authors Guidelines (including DOI or URL of bibliographic entries),
5) the Authors Statements and Agreement on Publication in the journal has been attached.
The main text length of the article is 10–20 standard pages (with graphics, tables, etc.), i.e. 18000–36000 characters with spaces. It should be written by the normal font type: Times New Roman, font size: 12 points, line spacing: 1.5 lines, paragraph: 1.25 cm, in Word .DOC/.DOCX or .RTF format; for margins of A4 page: upper 2 cm, lower 2 cm, left 3.5 cm, right 1.5 cm, no word hyphenation, no automatic highlights or listings. Please, do not use marking in the text.
Abstract text length is 1200–1800 characters with spaces. It should be written by the normal font type: Times New Roman, font size: 10 points, line spacing: 1.5 lines. Key words should be 3–6 words useful when indexing and searching, not included in the title of the article.
Biographical note about the Author(s) is 300–1000 characters with an ORCID identifier. It should be written in English and by the normal font type: Times New Roman, font size: 10 points, line spacing: 1.5 lines.
Tables should be prepared on separate pages, numbered in Arabic numerals (Tab. 1, Tab. 2, etc.). The text in the tables should be written by the normal font type: Times New Roman, font size: 10 points, line spacing: 1 lines.
Figures (diagrams and photographs) should be prepared on separate pages, numbered in Arabic numerals and done in Excel (Fig. 1, Fig. 2, etc.) .XLS/.XLSX. Photographs or figures should be saved as .JPG or .TIFF formats with a resolution of 300 dpi. Numbering of tables and figures should be corresponded to the order of their citation in the text. Descriptions of figures and tables should be consistent with their content.
References should be cited in alphabetical order in the following manner:
Erfmeier, A., Böhnke, M., Bruelheide, H. (2011). Secondary invasion of Acer negundo: therole of phenotypic responses versus local adaptation. Biological Invasions, 13(7), 1599–1614. DOI: 10.1007/s10530-010-9917-2
– books (monographs):
Schwarze, F.W.M.R., Engels, J., Mattheck, C. (2004). Fungal strategies of wood decay in trees. Heidelberg: Springer.
– part of collective work (chapter, article):
Aleksandrova, V.D. (1964). The study of changes of vegetation cover. In: E.M. Lavrenko, A.A. Korchagina (eds.), Field geobotany. Moscow, Leningrad: Nauka, 399–447. [In Russian]
– on–line (electronic) publications:
Barragán, S. (2013). Mercado negro hace negocio con las orquídeas. http://www.unionpuebla.mx/articulo/2013/10/04/empresas/puebla/mercado-negro-hace-
negocio-con-las-orquideas. [In Spanish]
The Following Paper Setting is Binding:
1) Name and last name of Author(s).
2) Affiliations of all Author(s) (department or faculty, institute, university, address, country); *e-mail of corresponding author.
3) Title of the paper.
4) The main text of the research paper should include: Introduction with the aim and research hypothesis; Material and methods; Results; Discussion; Conclusions (or Summary); Acknowledgement and References; Abstract (English and Polish versions); Information on the Author(s).
6) Abstract of paper from 1200–1800 characters with spaces and Key words – max 6 words (English and Polish version).
7) Information on the Author(s)
Detailed formatting information can be found in article template .
The manuscripts are peer-reviewed and a first decision provided to authors approximately 21 days after submission; acceptance to publication is undertaken in 63 days. First, the article is published on-line. The DOI and pages number will be issued in December each year.
Cost of publication
The Editor in chief provides free printing of submit manuscripts, prepare according to Author Guidelines.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, Authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to Authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
The Procedure for Securing the Originality of Publication (ie. ghostwriting, guestauthorship)
According to the standards set for scientific journals for Higher Education, the Editors asked Authors of disclosure regarding the participation of individuals in the preparation of publications (i.e. ghostwriting and guestauthorship). For the purpose, the authors fill in the document: Conflict of Interest and Contribution of Authors (form available in Required Douments section below), Financial Disclosure (form available in Required Douments section below).
The submission of a paper to be published means the author’s agreement to transfer free of charge the copyright from the author to the publisher. The author also agrees to permit the publisher to publish the paper in printed form, open access online form, digital library form and other digital platforms with which the publisher has or will have a publishing agreement. The author agrees to not limit the number of copies that may be printed or issued by the publisher. In the case of co-authored papers, it is assumed that the corresponding author is authorized to represent the remaining co-authors in this respect. Authors are requested to sign a copyright agreement prior the publication. The Copyright Agreements forms are available in Required Documents section below.
The Editors reserve the right to make minor corrections. Authors of the articles are responsible for the linguistic quality of publications.
- Conflict of Interest and Contribution of Authors – Statement 1:
- Financial Disclosure – Statement 2:
- Copyright Agreement for Foreigners Authors:
- Copyright Agreement for Polish Authors: